Monday, June 7, 2021

Foolishly Bold

Foolishly Bold

1 Corinthians 3: 16 Surely you know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you! 17 God will destroy anyone who destroys God's temple. For God's temple is holy, and you yourselves are his temple.

 

18 You should not fool yourself. If any of you think that you are wise by this world's standards, you should become a fool, in order to be really wise. 19 For what this world considers to be wisdom is nonsense in God's sight. As the scripture says, “God traps the wise in their cleverness”; 20 and another scripture says, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are worthless.” 21 No one, then, should boast about what human beings can do. Actually everything belongs to you: 22 Paul, Apollos, and Peter; this world, life and death, the present and the future—all these are yours, 23 and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

 

============

 

Worried about what people would think of me, I chose not to speak about JESUS. I was trying to reach a certain title in this particular company and I “needed” to behave a certain way. I could not jeopardize “my” journey upward. “I will show my relationship with JESUS when I get on top, then people will believe because I’m in charge” I thought to myself.

 

  • There were times when I followed the ever changing ways of the world.
  • There were times when I felt embarrassed about speaking up for JESUS.
  • There were times when I worried about what humans would do if I spoke about JESUS.

 

Paul brings assuredness about GOD’s eternal protection. HE knows there will be some evil people who want to go against HIM and HIS people. HE also knows they will try to harm HIS people and vows to destroy those who bring harm on anyone who believes in JESUS.

 

  • GOD wants me to know that I am HIS temple.
  • GOD wants me to treat other people with the same holiness as I should treat myself.
  • GOD wants me to become foolish to the world so HIS wisdom may shine all the brighter.

 

Leaving the pursuit of money, title and accolades may seem foolish to the world, but it is wise to GOD. I mean, the world raises questions about preservation of life based on its wisdom. GOD says “HE knows that the thoughts of the wise are worthless.”

 

GOD has given everything to me because I belong to JESUS and JESUS belongs to GOD. I am glad I do not have to be scared of what the world thinks, because the world is mine because it belongs to JESUS.

 

  • Are you worried about your future?
  • Do you think humans are in control of you?
  • Will you stop trying to use human wisdom and turn foolish by following JESUS so you can achieve true wisdom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment