Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Ready to Eat

 

Ready to Eat

1 Corinthians 3: As a matter of fact, my friends, I could not talk to you as I talk to people who have the Spirit; I had to talk to you as though you belonged to this world, as children in the Christian faith. I had to feed you milk, not solid food, because you were not ready for it. And even now you are not ready for it, because you still live as the people of this world live. When there is jealousy among you and you quarrel with one another, doesn't this prove that you belong to this world, living by its standards? When one of you says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos”—aren't you acting like worldly people?

 

============

 

Saying “I don’t know” was forbidden in my immature mind. I needed to be special and have the answers and be right. Even when slightly wrong, I was right. I got jealous at those who “did” have the answers and was quick to argue. My questions were from a place of envy and combativeness rather than love and peace. I was still a child.

 

Many times I wanted to be ready and was not.

Many times I wanted to be mature and was not.

Many times I wanted to be able to hear deep truths, but could not because I was jealous and quarrelsome.

 

Paul eased into an issue he saw with the believers in Corinth. While they were excited about GOD and were ready to preach about JESUS, they were still acting immature in the faith. The world could not see anything different from the Corinth believers than from itself. By being divisive, they acted just as bad, if not worse than those who did not believe in JESUS.

 

GOD wants me to grow up and drop my jealousy of others.

GOD wants me to grow up and stop being ready to argue at the drop of a hat.

GOD wants me to grow up so I can hear deeper truths HE wants to give me.

 

Acting like the world closes my ears. I mean, when I follow the world’s ways, I cannot hear the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT. I will be too busy trying to please the world. BUT GOD is a forgiver. HE sees my immaturity and understands I need help to grow/

 

HE places me in situations where I have to believe in HIM and seek HIS food. When I stop following the world, I get hungry for GOD’s food. I am glad HE forgives me and desires to feed me daily.

 

Are you ready to fight at a moment’s notice?

Does “that” person make you think of combat or partnership?

Will you examine yourself to see if you are jealous or combative and stop looking to live by the world’s standards and seek GOD so HE can grow you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment