Monday, May 31, 2021

Three Choices

 

Three Choices

1 Corinthians 2: 10 But it was to us that God made known his secret by means of his Spirit. The Spirit searches everything, even the hidden depths of God's purposes. 11 It is only our own spirit within us that knows all about us; in the same way, only God's Spirit knows all about God. 12 We have not received this world's spirit; instead, we have received the Spirit sent by God, so that we may know all that God has given us.

 

============

 

Worried, I sat awake in the middle of the night. After a string of good bosses, I ran into yet another poor leader. I ran through my options. Make an adjustment to “my” style was my first thought. Second, I could seek advice from some “successful” people. I wonder if there was a third option.

 

  • There have been many times when I tried to do things under “my” own power.
  • There have been many times when I tried to do things using advice from “successful” people of the world.
  • There have been many times when I tried to do things that have not been given to me, and I pouted over what was not mine.

 

 

Three beings are spoken about in Paul’s description. He starts off speaking about the HOLY SPIRIT, which GOD revealed HIS secret. He then spoke about the human spirit that knows our successes and failures. The last being is the spirit of the world that looks great to many but leads to a destructive path.

 

  • GOD wants me to be led by HIS SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to make my choices by using HIS SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to make HIS secret known, namely that JESUS is the only Savior of the world.

 

Though the world may scoff at GOD’s SPIRIT, HE is not to be mocked. Every choice I make should be based on the purpose of GOD. “What about me?” the world will place on my mind. I mean, don’t I have to live in the world too? Yes, but HE wants me to live with the purpose HE has given me. I surrender my choice to the power of the HOLY SPIRIT.

 

  • Are you trying to do things under your own power?
  • Are you seeking the tactics of the world to be “successful” to those around you?
  • Will you allow the HOLY SPIRIT to guide you and be a good steward over what HE has given you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment