Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Bring Peace

 

Bring Peace

Romans 16: 12 My greetings to Tryphaena and Tryphosa, who work in the Lord's service, and to my dear friend Persis, who has done so much work for the Lord. 13 I send greetings to Rufus, that outstanding worker in the Lord's service, and to his mother, who has always treated me like a son. 14 My greetings to Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas, and all the other Christians with them. 15 Greetings to Philologus and Julia, to Nereus and his sister, to Olympas and to all of God's people who are with them.


16 Greet one another with the kiss of peace. All the churches of Christ send you their greetings.

 

============

 

Getting cut off in traffic spiked my rage, but I could only sit like everyone else. When I arrived at my destination, I was met with bad news after bad news. Complaints poured in all day. I got back in the car and started my journey. I was cut off in traffic again. “Wasn’t that the same car from this morning!” I wondered.

 

  • Some days it seemed like no one had good news.
  • Some days it seemed like complaints were in high demand.
  • Some days it seemed like people were trying to purposefully get on “my” nerves.

 

Paul completes his greetings to many people with one statement “Greet one another with the kiss of peace.” He knew that life would be hard because he had experienced beatings, a shipwreck and multiple murder attempts on his life.

 

  • GOD wants me to bring peace to people.
  • GOD wants me to lead people HIM so HE can lead them to still waters.
  • GOD wants me to be at peace so I can bring peace.

 

Having peace is something that the world cannot seem to provide. I mean, if I would just have blank, then I would be happy. I found this to never be true. I would get “blank” and be temporarily happy, but life would quickly set in.

 

GOD wants me off the highs and lows of panic to peace. HE wants me to seek HIM daily as my source of peace and allow HIM to lead others to the place HE has provided for them and me. Instead of a complaint or more bad news, GOD wants HIS people to have peace. I am grateful GOD gives an abundance of peace.

 

  • Do you always have something negative to say?
  • Are you seeking to stir people up so you can look like a hero?
  • Will you be at peace with GOD so you can bring peace to others who need it today?

No comments:

Post a Comment