Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Edge of Doubt

Edge of Doubt

1 Corinthians 1: I always give thanks to my God for you because of the grace he has given you through Christ Jesus. For in union with Christ you have become rich in all things, including all speech and all knowledge. The message about Christ has become so firmly established in you that you have not failed to receive a single blessing, as you wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be faultless on the Day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is to be trusted, the God who called you to have fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ, our Lord.

 

============

 

After the evaluation, I felt pretty beaten up. “You are average” I was told, but this time I had worked extra hard and other people said they loved the results. “Am I not as special as some people say?” I wondered.

 

  • I have wondered if something was wrong with me after working for certain people.
  • I have questioned my capabilities even when others have confirmed them.
  • I have doubted GOD’s love for me after working for certain people and being in certain churches.

 

Paul gives a huge word of encouragement to the people of Corinth. He expresses his gratefulness for them and lets them know the message of CHRIST has been “firmly established” in them. This is great news!

 

  • GOD wants me to know that my wealth comes from knowing about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to know that HE is pleased when I speak about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to know that it is HIS power that keeps me firm in the faith, not mine.

 

Doubt can be corrosive. I mean, when people express their doubt to me, it can corrode the promises GOD made to me. BUT GOD took care of that too. HE does not make a promise HE cannot and will not keep. GOD knows me inside and out and yet, HE still called me to have fellowship with HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

 

GOD is to be trusted, unlike those who plant the seeds of doubt. The enemy wants me to doubt GOD so I will stay confined under HIS socially accepted addictions. Instead, GOD wants me to place my full trust in HIM. I am grateful it is GOD who keeps me firm to the end and will find me faultless on the day of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.

 

  • Has doubt crept into your system because of the reaction of people around you?
  • Did GOD make a promise to you and it has not come to fruition yet?
  • Will you rest assured that GOD is the one who will keep you firm so you do not have to be concerned about messing up or need to try harder to please HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment