Thursday, May 6, 2021

Provide a Recommendation

Provide a Recommendation

Romans 16: I recommend to you our sister Phoebe, who serves the church at Cenchreae. Receive her in the Lord's name, as God's people should, and give her any help she may need from you; for she herself has been a good friend to many people and also to me.

 

============

 

“Do you know someone who can fill this position?” someone asked me. I was out of work and wanted someone to ask me that very question. A name popped into my head. I told him about the position and he got the job. I remained out of work. “What about me?” I said.

 

  • There have been times when I wanted a recommendation, but had to give one.
  • There have been times when I knew a person who was a good fit, but I was too caught up in myself to recommend him or her.
  • There have been times when I wanted a recommendation but it seemed elusive.

 

Paul highly recommends Phoebe because of her service to the LORD. Paul still needed help, but wanted to help someone who helped him. He was dedicated to ensuring her success because she was dedicated to serving the LORD.

 

  • GOD wants me to recommend others especially when I am in need.
  • GOD wants me to help those who have helped me.
  • GOD wants me to reserve my recommendation to those who can and will do HIS will.

 

Recommendations should not be thrown around lightly. I mean, my reputation is tied to the person I recommend. Yes, this will be an imperfect person, but I can count on this person to do what they have done with others and me.

 

Recommending people feels weird at first, but feeds the HOLY SPIRIT. When I cheer someone on, the HOLY SPIRIT gets a meal and makes me realize, it is not always about me. I gladly give my recommendation to those who serve the LORD.

 

  • Are you too caught up in your problems to recommend someone you know is a great fit for a job or situation?
  • Does jealousy win each time you are “overlooked”, causing you to withhold a recommendation GOD told you to make?
  • Will you feed the HOLY SPIRIT today by being thankful for people and recommending “that” person for the job or situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment