Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Ask For, Get or Provide

 

Ask For, Get or Provide

Romans 15: 22 And so I have been prevented many times from coming to you. 23 But now that I have finished my work in these regions and since I have been wanting for so many years to come to see you, 24 I hope to do so now. I would like to see you on my way to Spain, and be helped by you to go there, after I have enjoyed visiting you for a while. 25 Right now, however, I am going to Jerusalem in the service of God's people there. 26 For the churches in Macedonia and Achaia have freely decided to give an offering to help the poor among God's people in Jerusalem. 27 That decision was their own; but, as a matter of fact, they have an obligation to help them. Since the Jews shared their spiritual blessings with the Gentiles, the Gentiles ought to use their material blessings to help the Jews.

 

============

 

When I grew up, I was taught not to ask for help. Maybe not by words, but it seemed like everyone around me was basically on their own. One day, I asked for help with something. “Gladly” was the surprising response. On a number of occasions I did it again and people were willing to help. “Maybe I should ask for help more often” I thought to myself.

 

  • Many times I was afraid to ask for help because I didn’t know what to ask.
  • Many times I was too proud to ask for help because I had the money and I simply paid my way.
  • Many times I was deeply in need and did not have the strength to even ask for help.

 

Paul wanted to go help, so he asked for help to help those in need. He also explained that other churches decided on their own, to give help to the poor in a certain area. He impressed on everyone that it was an “obligation” for those who have heard preaching to provide monetary support.

 

  • GOD wants me to ask for help when I need help.
  • GOD wants me to get help when I am going to help others.
  • GOD wants me to look for people who need help, especially those who are too weak and decimated to ask.

 

Help is always a difficult topic. I mean, I usually need it at an inconvenient time, or people around me are not willing, possibly because I have not helped them. BUT GOD knows my needs and wants me to ask for anything. HE opens up HIS generosity and provides unimaginable help. I am grateful GOD sees me, hears me and loves me so much that HE will always provide help.

 

  • Are you in need and it seems like there is no one available to help?
  • Does it seem like you are alone in this journey?
  • Will you rest your mind and know GOD will provide you with the help you need at the right time?

No comments:

Post a Comment