Friday, May 7, 2021

Greetings and Gratitude

 

Greetings and Gratitude

Romans 16: I send greetings to Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in the service of Christ Jesus; they risked their lives for me. I am grateful to them—not only I, but all the Gentile churches as well. Greetings also to the church that meets in their house.

 

Greetings to my dear friend Epaenetus, who was the first in the province of Asia to believe in Christ.

 

============

 

“Why are you always smiling?” someone asked me in a mildly grumpy tone. I had to tell the truth. “I smile because of you.” I learned from someone, that a smile warms the heart and provides a nice entrance to any room. After a while, my team could feel how thankful I was, just by my smile.

 

  • There have been people who greeted me with thanksgiving.
  • There have been people who seemed grateful for me and made me feel good.
  • There have been people who have worked hard for me and I needed to show my gratitude towards them.

 

Paul shows his gratitude in his greeting. This strange breech of protocol has Paul greeting people in the middle of the letter versus at the beginning. With few words, Paul greets Priscilla and Aquilla and tells everyone about their strong faith in the LORD. He also mentions Epaenetus, a bold person who was first to believe in JESUS in the province of Asia.

 

  • GOD wants me to greet people with thanksgiving.
  • GOD wants me to value what people have done for the LORD.
  • GOD wants me to mention people to others and explain their service to the LORD.

 

Genuine people I have met seem to shy away from bragging. I mean, they are too busy being genuine, that they have no time to speak for themselves. GOD wants me to mention these people to others, in a thankful way. HE also wants me to mention their dedication to the LORD so they can be encouraged. I am grateful to all who believe and wonder if GOD sees them. HE does see you.

 

  • Are you grateful for someone?
  • Does your heart bubble over with joy when you see “that” person?
  • Will you mention how grateful you are to those who are serving the LORD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment