Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Look at the Dust

 

Look at the Dust

1 Corinthians 1: 26 Now remember what you were, my friends, when God called you. From the human point of view few of you were wise or powerful or of high social standing. 27 God purposely chose what the world considers nonsense in order to shame the wise, and he chose what the world considers weak in order to shame the powerful. 28 He chose what the world looks down on and despises and thinks is nothing, in order to destroy what the world thinks is important. 29 This means that no one can boast in God's presence. 30 But God has brought you into union with Christ Jesus, and God has made Christ to be our wisdom. By him we are put right with God; we become God's holy people and are set free. 31 So then, as the scripture says, “Whoever wants to boast must boast of what the Lord has done.”

 

============

 

Seeing the car this person drove sparked our conversation. It was a very expensive car. I watched his mannerisms on stage and noticed what he did to prepare to get on stage. I took mental notes so I could be just like him when I grew up.

 

  • There have been many people I looked at so I could become like them.
  • There have been many people I have watched so I could learn how to be “successful.”
  • There have been many people I have followed so I could gain their “wisdom.”

 

Paul points out something strange regarding important people. He mentions that the world sees people different than GOD. What the world sees as “important”, GOD will destroy. HE will do this with unconventional methods.

 

  • GOD wants me to know I am special to HIM and I am not overlooked.
  • GOD wants me to know HE sees people differently than the way the world sees people.
  • GOD wants me to know that HE can use people who are overlooked and thrown away.

 

Overlooking people to label others as “important” is a travesty. I mean, GOD may label a person important that the world says is insignificant, then what? That is exactly what happened when JESUS became a human. HE was overlooked as the Messiah and many people did not believe HE was and is GOD.

 

HE then noticed the dusty people and healed them. HE raised up people, who the world would call insignificant, from the dust and placed them over the rich and powerful. I am glad GOD sees me and others different than those who overlook.

 

  • Do you feel overlooked?
  • Do you think you are insignificant?
  • Will you praise GOD for being in the same group as CHRIST, because HE too was overlooked?
  • Will you boast about JESUS and what HE did for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment