Thursday, May 13, 2021

Keep Away From Them

 

Keep Away From Them

Romans 16: 17 I urge you, my friends: watch out for those who cause divisions and upset people's faith and go against the teaching which you have received. Keep away from them! 18 For those who do such things are not serving Christ our Lord, but their own appetites. By their fine words and flattering speech they deceive innocent people. 19 Everyone has heard of your loyalty to the gospel, and for this reason I am happy about you. I want you to be wise about what is good, but innocent in what is evil. 20 And God, our source of peace, will soon crush Satan under your feet.

 

The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

 

============

 

Willing to do anything legal for money, I stretched my values to include fine words and flattering speech to get “my” way. It worked. When the company came to me and said it was my job to explain away mistakes made by senior leaders, I got right in line and gave the story the right “spin” to make the $500 million gaff look salvageable.

 

  • There have been times when I used “spin” to justify problems.
  • There have been times when I used fine words to wow the crowd over.
  • There have been times when I used flattering speech to keep the crowd from leaving.

 

Paul uses wisdom to explain a very important subject. Keep away from those who cause division and upset people’s faith. He knew some people would be very polished in their delivery and could grow large crows by their flattery. He also knew they were not speaking or living the Gospel of JESUS.

 

  • GOD wants me to stay away from smooth talkers who do not live for or speak about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to stay away from the large crowd that seems powerful but is weak compared to JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to recognize when someone is a deceiver based on their words that serve their own appetites.

 

Belief is in short supply these days. I mean it seems like leaders can lie and get away with it. Meanwhile, innocent people are hurt because of the flattering words. BUT GOD sees you. GOD sees those who believe in HIS SON and HE is happy with you and me.

 

HE removes my flattering fine words that would make “me” rich and replaces them with HIS Good News which is quite offensive in most circles. GOD wants to be first so HE will crush Satan under our feet. I am glad the grace of JESUS is with me.

 

  • Are you seeking to be the answer?
  • Will you lose your life trying to please the crowd instead of speaking up for JESUS?
  • Will you leave the crowd that has flattering fine words so GOD can use you to speak about HIS SON today?

No comments:

Post a Comment