Monday, May 10, 2021

Reputation

 

Reputation

Romans 16: Greetings to Mary, who has worked so hard for you. Greetings also to Andronicus and Junia, fellow Jews who were in prison with me; they are well known among the apostles, and they became Christians before I did.

 

============

 

When I had a question, I asked a few people. I was met with the same response. “Go see ‘that’ person.” I left the name off on purpose. When I met “that” person I understood why everyone spoke so highly. This person was caring, knowledgeable and worked hard. Great reputation.

 

  • I have met many people based on their great reputation.
  • I have had great experiences because their reputation was true.
  • I have recommended people based on their reputation.

 

Paul mentions a few people who either he had encountered or heard the great reputation. Mary seemed like a woman Paul knew of by reputation while Andronicus and Junia were fellow cellmates. Each person he mention had a good reputation with serving the LORD in his experience.

 

  • GOD wants me to have a good reputation amongst humans.
  • GOD wants me to treat people well because I represent HIM.
  • GOD wants me to work hard for others without worrying what people think of me.

 

Reputations require character. I mean, some reputations can be paid for by marketing geniuses, fooling the masses into belief. BUT GOD sees through trickery. GOD wants HIS SPIRIT to shine through me so JESUS’ reputation can be sought after. It is not “my” reputation that is important.

 

  • What is your reputation?
  • Do you feel your reputation is more important that JESUS’?
  • Will you point your life to CHRIST by acting with HIS character and reduce trying to please people today?

No comments:

Post a Comment