Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Looking for Grace and Peace

 

Looking for Grace and Peace

1 Corinthians 1: From Paul, who was called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Sosthenes—

 

To the church of God which is in Corinth, to all who are called to be God's holy people, who belong to him in union with Christ Jesus, together with all people everywhere who worship our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

 

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

Sleep eluded me as I felt the pressures of the pending deadline approaching. Day and night I worked but to no avail. I went to sleep, only to wake up thinking about work. I got up and satisfied the needs of the project. I arrived to work exhausted. I turned in the project, on time. “You misspelled some words” were the only comment.

 

  • There have been times when I looked for peace after the turmoil.
  • There have been times when I thought I could find peace through accomplishments and money.
  • There have been times when I sought grace for mistakes I made.

 

Paul seemed to have a special tie to the people of Corinth. He mentioned Sosthenes, a Jewish leader who suffered a beating because he spoke about JESUS and agreed with Paul. Paul knew that those who were called would be ridiculed and persecuted by those who were supposed to be showing the love of GOD. He gives a solution to prepare those who are called.

 

  • GOD wants me to seek grace by admitting I need a Savior.
  • GOD wants me to seek peace from HIM alone.
  • GOD wants me to confess to the FATHER that JESUS is my Savior so HE can send the HOLY SPIRIT to me, who in turn, brings me grace and peace.

 

Grace and peace will always elude me when I am not seeking it from the true source. Humans think a larger bank account or a certain brand of material things will bring peace. BUT GOD is the only source of grace and peace. HE withholds these precious implements from those who do not seek HIM.

 

GOD does something strange. HE pours out grace and peace to those who are called and who are worshipping our LORD JESUS CHRIST. While the world looks on with judgmental wrong labels, GOD gets excited to those who can mention the name of JESUS as their source of grace and peace. I gladly accept GOD’s grace and peace through JESUS who is my Savior.

 

  • What do you think would bring you peace?
  • Do you think a larger bank account or a better title or another material trinket will bring you peace?
  • Have you taken inventory over your stuff to see if you have received grace and peace yet?
  • Will you stop pursuing grace and peace “your” way and allow GOD to pour them out on you in abundance only when you surrender your life to JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment