Thursday, May 27, 2021

Faith Rest

 

Faith Rest

1 Corinthians 2: When I came to you, my friends, to preach God's secret truth, I did not use big words and great learning. For while I was with you, I made up my mind to forget everything except Jesus Christ and especially his death on the cross. So when I came to you, I was weak and trembled all over with fear, and my teaching and message were not delivered with skillful words of human wisdom, but with convincing proof of the power of God's Spirit. Your faith, then, does not rest on human wisdom but on God's power.

 

============

 

Changing the oil in my car seemed intimidating, but it had to be done. The oil needed to be drained from the bottom of the car so I considered lifting the vehicle with the car jack used to change tires. Since the procedure would require me sliding under the car, I needed some assurance. I slid cinder blocks, large bricks, under to rest the car on. I felt safe.

 

  • When I am facing something difficult, I need some place to put my worries.
  • When I am facing something complex, I need some place to put my concerns.
  • When I am facing something intimidatingly large, I need some place to put my racing thoughts.

 

Paul describes his encounters with those he wrote the letter to. He said he “did not use big words or great learning” rather he kept his message simple and focused only on CHRIST. He knew it would be impossible to explain GOD, so he rested his faith on GOD’s power.

 

  • GOD wants me to rest my faith on HIS power.
  • GOD wants me to depend on HIS power to draw humans to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to focus on the simple message of JESUS, knowing it holds the power of the SPIRIT.

 

Faith does not make sense. I mean, GOD’s ways are too high and complex for me to understand so HE made it simple. JESUS, being GOD, became a human, was murdered for my sins and was raised from the dead to forgive me of my sins. My faith comes from belief in a loving GOD.

 

JESUS died for all who believe in HIM. All my sins are forgiven, every one of them. I can rest my faith on this fact. I do not have to rely on human wisdom which stirs up fear, rather I can rely on the power of GOD which is unstoppable. I am glad I can rest my faith on GOD’s power.

 

  • Are you trying to convince people about GOD using big words and great learning?
  • Do you think you have to go to a college to learn how to speak about JESUS?
  • Will you rest your faith in GOD’s power and make your words about JESUS simple so many can believe in HIM through you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment