Monday, May 17, 2021

Blossomed

Blossomed

Romans 16: 25 Let us give glory to God! He is able to make you stand firm in your faith, according to the Good News I preach about Jesus Christ and according to the revelation of the secret truth which was hidden for long ages in the past. 26 Now, however, that truth has been brought out into the open through the writings of the prophets; and by the command of the eternal God it is made known to all nations, so that all may believe and obey.

 

27 To the only God, who alone is all-wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever! Amen.

 

============

 

Clearing weeds was a chore, but it was finished. After planting many seeds, I eagerly awaited the fruits of “my” labor. I watered the dirt where the seeds were buried regularly. I stared and stared. Nothing. After a few days, I stopped looking. Nothing was happening so I stopped watering. I moved on to other “fun” filled activities. Weeks later, the plants had grown wildly.

 

  • There have been times when I gave up on a promise I was supposed to maintain.
  • There have been times when I wanted to see something immediate and could not wait for the fruit.
  • There have been times when I stopped trying and the fruit came up anyway.

 

Paul and Tertius complete the letter with praise to GOD. They acknowledge that it is GOD who is able to make people stand firm in faith. What was once planted by the prophets has grown into an immovable tree which is the truth of JESUS. The all-wise GOD has revealed HIS secret truth so all may believe and obey.

 

  • GOD wants me to praise HIM even when I have abandoned my faith.
  • GOD wants me to know HE is the one who is faithful and is able to make me stand firm in my faith.
  • GOD wants me to make HIS message known to all nations so they may believe and obey.

 

Seeds are given to me to plant in someone else’s heart. Someone else comes along to water those seeds. BUT GOD is the only one who can grow the seed into HIS purpose. The seed is JESUS. The growth is the HOLY SPIRIT working inside me. The fruit grows to reach the FATHER. I am grateful GOD is in control of faith.

 

  • Do you feel you do not have enough faith?
  • Do you need GOD to intervene and you are not seeing what HE is doing?
  • Will you praise GOD for sustaining you and your faith so HE will help you bear HIS fruit today?

No comments:

Post a Comment