Monday, May 3, 2021

Find You Own Place

 

Find You Own Place

Romans 15: 18 I will be bold and speak only about what Christ has done through me to lead the Gentiles to obey God. He has done this by means of words and deeds, 19 by the power of miracles and wonders, and by the power of the Spirit of God. And so, in traveling all the way from Jerusalem to Illyricum, I have proclaimed fully the Good News about Christ. 20 My ambition has always been to proclaim the Good News in places where Christ has not been heard of, so as not to build on a foundation laid by someone else. 21 As the scripture says,

“Those who were not told about him will see,
    and those who have not heard will understand.”

 

============

 

We sublet my roommates portion of the rent to someone we were familiar with. He, in turn invited a guy to live on the couch, rent free. After a week, He was eating food and placing demands. I did not appreciate this. “He has to find his own place” I discussed.

 

Later in life, I was invited into a social group. I had a business and wanted everyone in the group to “buy my stuff.” I started making demands on the group. Someone came to me and asked politely “Why don’t you start your own group?”

 

  • There have been times when I was annoyed at someone who took over “my” place.
  • There have been times when I was bothered when someone hijacked “my” foundation.
  • There have been times when I was the culprit, attempting to hijack someone else’s group.

 

Paul stated that he would use only his own examples to speak to the Gentiles. He had enough examples as GOD did many miracles through him. Paul proclaimed the Good News wherever he went. He stated that his ambition was to go to places where the Good News was not being preached so he would not mess up someone else’s foundation.

 

  • GOD wants me to be bold about what HE has done in my life.
  • GOD wants me to speak about the many great things HE has done in my life.
  • GOD wants me to have “my own place” to speak about JESUS.

 

 

Having a church on every corner was not the intent from Paul’s writing, or so I believe. I mean, GOD’s message is so much bigger than a stationary building. HE wants everyone to hear about HIS SON and there are plenty of people who still need to do so.

 

How do I know? GOD is waiting “until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.”  In other words, there are still people who need to accept CHRIST before GOD does HIS next huge thing. I gladly go out and seek those HE sends me to so they may believe in JESUS as the Savior.

 

  • Do you have a message GOD wants you to tell?
  • Are you waiting on your church to tell the message?
  • Will you be sent and go find the people GOD wants you to find that only you can reach and use your own examples today?

No comments:

Post a Comment