Friday, April 30, 2021

What is the Real Motivation?

 

What is the Real Motivation?

Romans 15: 14 My friends: I myself feel sure that you are full of goodness, that you have all knowledge, and that you are able to teach one another. 15 But in this letter I have been quite bold about certain subjects of which I have reminded you. I have been bold because of the privilege God has given me 16 of being a servant of Christ Jesus to work for the Gentiles. I serve like a priest in preaching the Good News from God, in order that the Gentiles may be an offering acceptable to God, dedicated to him by the Holy Spirit. 17 In union with Christ Jesus, then, I can be proud of my service for God. 

 

============

 

Each day seemed to bring on a new trouble. It was a rough time and “everything” was going wrong. I had not focused on GOD very much, so I turned to HIM as a last resort. “Maybe if I am good, then I can get out of the trouble I’m in” I thought to myself.

 

I stopped doing a few sins I blatantly knew I was doing in hopes that the trial would end sooner. When the trial was over. I went back to the same sins.

 

There have been times when I tried to act righteous to get my way.

There have been times when I tried to use manipulation on GOD to get my way.

There have been times when I tried to be “good” temporarily so I could get my way.

 

Paul expresses his surety in the capabilities of those he wrote the letter. He also mentions his reason for writing. Paul wanted “everyone” to be accepted by JESUS, not just those he was familiar with. He would not be proud of himself until the Gentiles believed in JESUS.

 

GOD wants me to have a true purpose.

GOD wants my purpose to be permanent.

GOD wants JESUS to be known as the Savior and HE wants me to have this as my purpose.

 

When getting out of trouble becomes my purpose, I would desperately do anything. I mean, I lose sleep, panic and worry my way into a solution that usually fails and then I panic more. GOD wants to change that. HE brings me back to having purpose in my life, namely teaching people about the Good News of JESUS.

 

With purpose, temptations go away. It is easier to say “no” to fear, doubt and worry when GOD is my true purpose. Staying in the trial becomes easier when I have purpose because I know GOD wants me right where HE has me and HE is with me. I can then have peace wherever HE places me.

 

What is your purpose in life?

What is GOD’s purpose for you?

Will you accept GOD’s real purpose HE made you so you can speak about JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment