Thursday, April 22, 2021

Flip Back Over

Flip Back Over

Romans 14:For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

 

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

 

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

 

============

 

“Look at them doing wrong over there” is what they said about us as we were just having “fun.” We would laugh and when one of my friends did something outrageous, I laughed even more. Years later, I returned to CHRIST. I felt sorry for those stuck in having “fun.: Years after that I said “Look at them doing wrong over there.”

 

  • When did I flip over to being the judge?
  • When did I start seeing the wrong in people?
  • When did I look to blame others?

 

Paul continues with his appeal as given to him by the LORD. He had just tried to convince everyone that people will do different things for JESUS, giving honor and thanks to HIM in different ways. Now he sends a plea to stop looking at one another in a judgmental way. He ends his plea stating we all will stand before GOD as individuals, giving account for how we treated each other.

 

  • GOD wants me to live for HIM and serve others.
  • GOD wants me to drop the judgment and add words of life to people.
  • GOD wants me to rid myself of contempt of “those” people and add prayers for “us” as sinners.

 

Being a tattletale is childish. I mean, a child tells an adult when another child is doing something wrong, meanwhile the child never looks at him or herself. This is my saying, “We are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other, saying ‘you have mud on you.””

 

Judgment is a sin GOD does not like. HE sees when I look down on someone for their actions and does not go after “that” person but corrects me. HE wants me to see people as HIS children whom HE loves. I am glad HE provides grace to me and hope HE guides me drop judgment of people.

 

  • Are you judging people?
  • Do you see the wrong in people immediately?
  • Have you asked yourself, “When did I get to this point where I am judging people and I used to be judged?”, so you can flip back over to loving others?

No comments:

Post a Comment