Tuesday, April 27, 2021

To Build Them Up

 

To Build Them Up

Romans 15: We who are strong in the faith ought to help the weak to carry their burdens. We should not please ourselves. Instead, we should all please other believers for their own good, in order to build them up in the faith. For Christ did not please himself. Instead, as the scripture says, “The insults which are hurled at you have fallen on me.”

 

============

 

Hurling insults at the other team seemed like the right thing to do. I joined in on the “fun” and called the other team names through clever cheers and chants. Our team won! But when it was time to go home, the other school did not appreciate the previous insults. Fights broke out and escape was my only thought.

 

There have been many times when I used insults to feel better about myself.

There have been many times when I used insults to feel part of the “winning” crowd.

There have been many times when I used insults to feel superior to “those” people.

 

Paul tries to shift everyone’s thinking to follow the example of CHRIST. JESUS took the insults that were meant for other people and died in our place when HE committed no wrong. Paul gives some great advice. “Build them up.”

 

GOD wants me to build people up so they will continue in the faith.

GOD wants me to speak encouraging words to everyone so their faith will increase.

GOD wants me to carry the burdens of others so they can get up and help someone else.

 

Being caught up in my own situation usually leaves no room to help others. BUT GOD helps me up from the ground to see there is more to life than “that” circumstance. HE dusts me off and fills my heart with encouragement for others in the middle of the battle. GOD also desires that I remember HIS deliverance so I can carry it forward daily.

 

Instead of using the sneaky, tear down slanderous manipulation tactics, GOD wants me to replace insulting words with gratitude. If I cannot appreciate “that” person, then maybe I should not be in the conversation. I am grateful GOD helps me carry the burdens of others to “build them up” for HIM.

 

Are your words full of insults and slander?

Do your jokes speak life or death?

Will you reduce your insults and increase your encouragement so those who believe may have their burdens lifted and their faith increased for JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment