Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Good Power

 Good Power

Romans 12: 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

 

============

 

After working hard for months, I sat for my evaluation. I received a “Good” as the performance rating. I was furious. ‘After all that hard work, you mean to tell me that it was ‘good’” I said. Good meant “doing as expected” and I felt I exceeded expectations by staying late and doing more. I wanted better than “good.”

 

  • There were times when I felt “Good” was not powerful.
  • There were times when I felt good people finish last.
  • There were times when I felt great was better than good.

 

Paul continues with his radical words given to him by the HOLY SPIRIT. He speaks about not taking revenge. This was strange because the law said “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” In other words if someone does something bad to you, it is your right to do something bad to them. But GOD wants a different way.

 

  • GOD wants me to leave vengeance up to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to feel sorry for my enemies because HE felt sorry for me.
  • GOD wants me to use good as a powerful weapon that overcomes evil.

 

“Great” is not suggested to be used to overcome evil, but “good” is. Being good when there is a chance or even the right to do evil, puts me in a better place with GOD. HE sees my “good” effort and rewards me.

 

Meanwhile, HE says “Let ME handle the evil this person has done to you.” GOD’s wrath on enemies is nothing to gloat at, but to be feared by all. I accept the powerful weapon of good to fight against those who purposefully do evil.

 

  • Has someone done something evil against you?
  • Do you want to take revenge out on “that” person?
  • Will you allow GOD to take revenge on who HE chooses, meanwhile keep doing what “everyone” considers good so HE will be please with your actions?

No comments:

Post a Comment