Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Make Up Our Own Minds

Make Up Our Own Minds

Romans 14: Some people think that a certain day is more important than other days, while others think that all days are the same. We each should firmly make up our own minds. Those who think highly of a certain day do so in honor of the Lord; those who will eat anything do so in honor of the Lord, because they give thanks to God for the food. Those who refuse to eat certain things do so in honor of the Lord, and they give thanks to God. 

 

============

 

“No! It must be this way” one person said to me. Another said “It must be that way”, passionately. I was quite torn over the argument at the time. A group of people had very good arguments for how to dress when attending church.

 

  • There were times when I thought “my” way of worshipping GOD was the only way.
  • There were times when I thought the music I liked was the only music pleasing to GOD.
  • There were times when I thought the decorations, lighting and chairs arranged a certain way were the only way to truly worship GOD.

 

Paul tries to warn people to stay away from petty arguments by dealing with a difficult subject, namely honoring GOD. Some people dedicate a certain day to honor GOD and some think all days should honor GOD. Both are right if they do so to give thanks to the LORD.

 

  • GOD wants me to have an individual relationship with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to honor HIM by the things I eat and do.
  • GOD wants me to give thanks to HIM by believing in JESUS.

 

Honoring GOD is a personal thing. I mean, I like to get up early, pray, exercise, grab a cup of coffee and read. Others like to finish their day singing to the LORD. Any praise that includes thanks for JESUS dying for our sins and being raised from the dead is acceptable to the FATHER. I am glad HE give me a personal relationship with HIM.

 

  • Do you think the way your group worships is better than another group?
  • Do you judge the way someone sings, dances, or speaks for the LORD?
  • Can you learn to appreciate how others are giving thanks to JESUS so you can broaden your community?

No comments:

Post a Comment