Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Could Be Having a Bad Day

 Could Be Having a Bad Day

Romans 14: Welcome those who are weak in faith, but do not argue with them about their personal opinions. Some people's faith allows them to eat anything, but the person who is weak in the faith eats only vegetables. The person who will eat anything is not to despise the one who doesn't; while the one who eats only vegetables is not to pass judgment on the one who will eat anything; for God has accepted that person. Who are you to judge the servants of someone else? It is their own Master who will decide whether they succeed or fail. And they will succeed, because the Lord is able to make them succeed.

 

============

 

Excited to get a good meal, I sat at the table and thought of how tasty it would be. This was a restaurant recommended by the hotel, so it must be good. I sat and sat. No one came to the table. I flagged a waitress over and she said “I will get your waitress.” When she arrived, her face was sad with a slight bit of anger. She gave me “bad” service.

 

  • There have been times when I wanted to complain to the manager about someone.
  • There have been times when I wanted to tell the boss about what someone was doing wrong.
  • There have been times when I wanted to make sure the person who was giving me “bad” service would fail and hopefully be fired.

 

Paul continues with his strange message. At the core, he is speaking about respecting other people. The three people he mentions, remind me of a restaurant. One patron orders the everything platter while another table orders the salad bowl.

 

Both could ask the question “Why did that table order that kind of food?” in a judgmental way. Meanwhile both patrons judge the wait staff, not knowing the full story.

 

  • GOD wants me to welcome those who are weak in faith.
  • GOD wants me to hold back any arguments I may have, trying to convince someone to grow and simply accept the person, just like HE does.
  • GOD wants me to become part of HIS success by removing judgment of the workers of churches, businesses or households I encounter.

 

Finding something wrong with the way someone does things is easier and easier these days. I mean, I can watch a video of how things are supposed to go, but when I try the experience it may not go as I have expected. I then have a choice, complain or give grace. GOD wants me to understand grace more than I want to at times. I mean “that” person is clearly wrong and should be told about it, right? Maybe. BUT GOD wants me to understand grace first.

 

Remember the sad, scowling waitress I encountered. Turns out she had a serious situation at home. I said I would pray for her and she shed a tear and gave me great service from then on. I tipped heavily. I am grateful GOD gives me a second chance, especially from those who judge me. HE makes me succeed.

 

  • Are you judging someone?
  • Are you saying to yourself “I wouldn’t do it that way?”
  • Will you stop judging others and join the LORD who is willing and able to make them succeed?

No comments:

Post a Comment