Monday, April 5, 2021

Permanent Love

 Permanent Love

Romans 11: 28 Because they reject the Good News, the Jews are God's enemies for the sake of you Gentiles. But because of God's choice, they are his friends because of their ancestors. 29 For God does not change his mind about whom he chooses and blesses. 30 As for you Gentiles, you disobeyed God in the past; but now you have received God's mercy because the Jews were disobedient. 31 In the same way, because of the mercy that you have received, the Jews now disobey God, in order that they also may now receive God's mercy. 32 For God has made all people prisoners of disobedience, so that he might show mercy to them all.

 

============

 

Watching a promising employee, I noted her actions. I could see potential where others could not. She asked me to mentor her so I gave her my advice regularly. But one day she said she desired to go to a “rival” department. “Can I still come to you for advice?” she asked. “You have new leaders now” I said to her, knowing in my heart I did not like the leaders in that department.

 

  • There were times when I provided blessings to a small number of people.
  • There were times when I withheld blessings because something “that” person did.
  • There were times when I changed my mind about my blessings when “that” person decided to do something different than “I” expected.

 

Paul attempts to explain how merciful GOD is. He talks about the Gentiles and the Jews disobedience. No one obeyed GOD. Since GOD’s word demands death for any sin, all humans were prisoners of disobedience from birth. Was there any hope? Yes! JESUS showed mercy to all.

 

  • GOD wants me to know I would never have chosen HIM unless HE chose me.
  • GOD wants me to thank HIM for HIS mercy because I do not deserve HIS glorious gift.
  • GOD wants me to see the mercy HE has shown me so I can see the mercy HE can and will show others.

 

Mercy is GOD’s choice. I mean, there is nothing I can do or say to earn GOD’s mercy. JESUS, being GOD, volunteered to die for me. HE loved me so much that HE took my punishment. HE saw all my sins and died for me anyway. HE never changed HIS mind about me even when I sin the most. I am grateful HIS love for me is permanent.

 

  • Are you looking at someone and thinking how messed up “that” person is?
  • Are you withholding your loving prayers for a group of people because they do not look or act like you?
  • Will you recognize GOD’s mercy for you so you can thank HIM and allow HIM to open your eyes to the mercy HE wants to show “that” group of people you have judged today?

No comments:

Post a Comment