Monday, April 12, 2021

Community

 

Community

Romans 12: Love must be completely sincere. Hate what is evil, hold on to what is good. 10 Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another. 11 Work hard and do not be lazy. Serve the Lord with a heart full of devotion. 12 Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times. 13 Share your belongings with your needy fellow Christians, and open your homes to strangers.

 

============

 

“Leave him alone!” someone shouted at the bully who was about to attack me. I had taken a shortcut through an unfamiliar neighborhood and was just about to enter familiar territory when I ran into this guy. I did not know the person who came to my rescue, but it was welcome. I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked through my community.

 

  • There were places I lived where I felt at home.
  • There were places I lived where I felt safe and secure.
  • There were places I lived where I felt I was being watched over versus picked over.

 

Paul provides an overlooked definition of love, namely community. This act of love is quite different because it requires an explosion of energy towards a group of people. The act of love must be completely sincere.

 

  • GOD wants me to hate what is evil and hold onto what is good so I can protect others.
  • GOD wants me to be eager to show respect to others to help them grow.
  • GOD wants me to work hard in my community, serving HIM with full devotion, remaining patient in troubled times, praying, sharing and opening my home to strangers.

 

Community can start where I live. I mean, I can serve those who live in my apartment, dorm or block. If anyone wants to do evil to those around me, I can stand in the gap for the injustice. GOD is very serious about how HIS creations is treated. HE sees when each person has been wronged.

 

HE wants me to bring community to people who may not have experienced HIS love. I can take community to work, social gatherings and relatives. GOD wants my community to grow and I can do it with love.

 

  • Are you around a group pf people yet you feel lonely?
  • Do you expect people to show you love first?
  • Will you start small by showing people respect and serving those in need with your talents and treasures today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment