Monday, April 19, 2021

Wake Up

Wake Up

Romans 13: 11 You must do this, because you know that the time has come for you to wake up from your sleep. For the moment when we will be saved is closer now than it was when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over, day is almost here. Let us stop doing the things that belong to the dark, and let us take up weapons for fighting in the light. 13 Let us conduct ourselves properly, as people who live in the light of day—no orgies or drunkenness, no immorality or indecency, no fighting or jealousy. 14 But take up the weapons of the Lord Jesus Christ, and stop paying attention to your sinful nature and satisfying its desires.

 

============

 

Seeing the huge stack of paper, my work was cut out for me. I was supposed to look at surveys and input customer responses. I started out with high energy, but as the day went on I started getting tired so I took a “quick” nap during lunch.  I woke up well after I was supposed to and now I was behind in my work.

 

  • There have been many times when I started out strong, but soon became tired.
  • There have been many times when I fell asleep on something I was supposed to be doing.
  • There have been many times when I woke up and still had the responsibilities, but only a shorter time to do what I should have been doing all along.

 

“Wake up from your sleep” Paul says. The sleep he is referring to is a lulled sense of security from doing hidden things. He mentions two serious topics, “dark’ and “light.” The day is almost here and the night is almost over. But what am I getting prepared for? What must I do?

 

  • GOD wants me to know JESUS is going to return.
  • GOD wants me to prepare the world for HIS return.
  • GOD wants me to take up HIS “weapons’ starting with the most powerful one called love.

 

Blindness has made me fall asleep. I mean, when I get lost in the concerns of the world, I get worried, doubt GOD and slip into sin for comfort which steals my joy and feeds mu sin nature. Afterwards, I feel hurt, lost and wandering.  My fighting increases and I grab the world’s weapons.

 

Human weapons hurt, kill and destroy, just as Satan wants us to do. BUT GOD has more powerful weapons, one being love. Love heals, protects, grows and raises people up. It was love that raised JESUS from the dead. GOD said “You must do this” and I accept HIS statement.

 

  • Do you have a sense of urgency regarding the return of CHRIST?
  • Are you so focused on you own sins that CHRIST is not your focus?
  • Will you wake up and take up the weapon of love JESUS so generously poured out on you so you can stop paying attention to your sinful desires today?

No comments:

Post a Comment