Monday, April 26, 2021

Basis of Decisions

 

Basis of Decisions

Romans 14: 19 So then, we must always aim at those things that bring peace and that help strengthen one another. 20 Do not, because of food, destroy what God has done. All foods may be eaten, but it is wrong to eat anything that will cause someone else to fall into sin. 21 The right thing to do is to keep from eating meat, drinking wine, or doing anything else that will make other believers fall. 22 Keep what you believe about this matter, then, between yourself and God. Happy are those who do not feel guilty when they do something they judge is right! 23 But if they have doubts about what they eat, God condemns them when they eat it, because their action is not based on faith. And anything that is not based on faith is sin.

 

============

 

Being unsure of myself, I tried a tactic I did not like. One guy was good at eavesdropping on conversations. He would take what little facts he knew and try to put his own spin on it, to stay ahead of people. It seemed to work so I tried it. I listened in on someone else’s hallway conversation and overheard the wrong facts. I spread the wrong information. Now my credibility was shot.

 

  • There have been many times when I have been scared, so I looked for direction to make decisions.
  • There have been many times when I made decisions out of fear.
  • There have been many times when I used what people said as the basis of my decision making and wound up in a worse spot than I was at the beginning or my worries.

 

Paul concludes his Spirit filled plea to help everyone refrain from tearing down what GOD has done. If someone were to eat or not eat something, then opposing the person would be hurtful. This action would not be based on faith but possibly pride. “Anything that is not based on faith is sin.”

 

  • GOD wants me to run my decisions through HIM first.
  • GOD wants ne to believe in what HE told me and continue on HIS path.
  • GOD wants me to have faith in HIS plan for me and not feel guilty when I do something I judge as right for HIS kingdom.

 

Having a personal  relationship with JESUS requires faith. This means doubt needs to go somewhere else. I must move forward in faith, but if my faith is harmful to someone nearby, then GOD wants me to keep it between me and HIM. This pertains to a local interaction. But what about my other decisions?

 

GOD wants all my decisions to flow through faith in HIS power. HIS plans and promises are not to harm me but to provide me with a hope and a future. I gladly move forward with the faith that HE allows me to “do something I judge as right.”

 

  • Are you questioning a decision GOD told you to make?
  • Do you crumble at the smallest problem that may seem huge to you?
  • Will you relook at the decision through the faith GOD wants you to have and allow HIM to do HIS plan, HIS way, while you continue to judge what is right in clear conscience today?

No comments:

Post a Comment