Thursday, April 8, 2021

Review the Faith Side

 

Review the Faith Side

Romans 12:And because of God's gracious gift to me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you should. Instead, be modest in your thinking, and judge yourself according to the amount of faith that God has given you.

 

============

 

After taking the leadership class, I started behaving as prescribed. I was promoted five times and felt pretty good about “my” abilities. I was proud of “my” accomplishments and offered to help others with some of “my” wisdom.

 

  • There have been times when I trusted “my” abilities.
  • There have been times when I believed in “my” accomplishments.
  • There have been times when I thought “I” did things with “my” power, skills and talents.

 

Paul warns everyone not to think more highly of themselves. This is contrary to the world saying “believe in yourself.” He immediately gives a solution. Look at the faith side of your being.

 

  • GOD wants me to know that my skills and talents come from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to understand that I was placed in every position by HIM and HIM alone.
  • GOD wants me to look introspectively so I can give HIM all praise versus thinking I did anything.

 

Looking back on my life, I can see things don’t add up. I mean, my pitiful background should not add up to where I was brought. There was nothing I said or did that got me to where I have been. I can say “Only GOD brought me here.”

 

Reviewing my faith, I see a deficit. Times of worry led to times of sin which led to times of worry. BUT GOD enabled me to take what little faith I had and share it with others. Like a piece of bread HE has broken, it miraculously grows into another piece of bread in someone else. I now understand that it is not me, but HE who lives in me that causes me to have abundant life.

 

  • Are you looking at “your” gifts and talents as “yours?”
  • Do you look down on someone else’s decisions based on “your” knowledge?
  • Will you stop thinking more highly of yourself and allow GOD to open your eyes to HIS faithfulness, so you can place your dependence on HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment