Thursday, April 29, 2021

From Praise to Hope

 From Praise to Hope

Romans 15: Accept one another, then, for the glory of God, as Christ has accepted you. For I tell you that Christ's life of service was on behalf of the Jews, to show that God is faithful, to make his promises to their ancestors come true, and to enable even the Gentiles to praise God for his mercy. As the scripture says,

 

“And so I will praise you among the Gentiles;
    I will sing praises to you.”
10 Again it says,
“Rejoice, Gentiles, with God's people!”
11 And again,
“Praise the Lord, all Gentiles;
    praise him, all peoples!”
12 And again, Isaiah says,
“A descendant of Jesse will appear;
    he will come to rule the Gentiles,
    and they will put their hope in him.”

 

13 May God, the source of hope, fill you with all joy and peace by means of your faith in him, so that your hope will continue to grow by the power of the Holy Spirit.

 

============

 

“Let’s go on a bike hike” someone older said to us. Having only been out of the neighborhood a few times, I was excited to go on this adventure. We rode further than I had ever ridden in my life. We crossed the railroad tracks and the neighborhood looked different.

 

When we arrived at a park, the people called us by names of racial hatred. We were chased. I didn’t know much about prayer, but I started saying “Our FATHER…”

 

  • There have been times when I just wanted to live together.
  • There have been times when I just wanted to enjoy life together.
  • There have been times when I just wanted to have peace, but could not find it because I was not accepted.

 

Paul’s plea was primarily to the Jews, but was universal in nature. He expressed something that is hard for humans, namely “accept one another.” But how? He then explains why do it. “For the glory of GOD, as CHRIST has accepted you.”

 

  • GOD wants to show me that HE is faithful to make HIS promises come true.
  • GOD wants to enable me to praise HIM for HIS mercy.
  • GOD wants to be the source of my hope.

 

Praising GOD for HIS mercy is only the beginning of the relationship. I mean, when I confess I am in need of a Savior, JESUS accepts me, because HIS resurrection to life gave HIM all authority. Now that HE has accepted me, HE wants me to accept others, even those who do not look or act like me.

 

GOD then wants me to grow beyond confession. HE wants to fill me with joy and peace. But there is one caveat. I must place my faith in HIM. But what if my faith is small and wavering? HE has that covered by placing the HOLY SPIRIT in me. Now my “hope” will continue to grow and I can accept others as CHRIST accepted me.

  • Is your hope small because you feel oppressed?
  • Do you think there is no way out because of another group?
  • Will you add “acceptance” to your heart and believe in JESUS so HE will provide the HOLY SPIRIT, who will grow you with HIS power today?

No comments:

Post a Comment