Friday, April 2, 2021

Stubbornness is Not Permanent

 

Stubbornness is Not Permanent

Romans 11: 25 There is a secret truth, my friends, which I want you to know, for it will keep you from thinking how wise you are. It is that the stubbornness of the people of Israel is not permanent, but will last only until the complete number of Gentiles comes to God. 26 And this is how all Israel will be saved. As the scripture says,

 

“The Savior will come from Zion
    and remove all wickedness from the descendants of Jacob.
27 I will make this covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.”

 

============

 

Speeding past the “slow” drivers felt great until I hit traffic. I was getting impatient. I saw an empty lane and wondered why no one used it to “get ahead” of the other cars. I darted into the empty lane only to see there was an accident ahead in that lane. Wanting to get back in “my” spot in the lane I left, the other drivers would not let me in. I recognized a few cars I had sped past.

 

  • There were times when I was too stubborn to change.
  • There were times when I needed to change but lacked surrender.
  • There were times when I thought I should be first but wound up last.

 

Paul explains GOD’s grace for the Israelites. The nation will someday believe that JESUS was and is the Messiah. But, instead of being first in line to receive GOD’s blessings, they will have to wait until the full number of Gentiles comes to GOD.

 

  • GOD wants me to know that the last will be first and the first will be last.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE can outwait any stubbornness I may hold onto.
  • GOD wants me to surrender to HIM because HE has all the answers.

 

Stubbornness in one case refers to not following GOD the way HE wants me to. I mean, I can get mad at HIS timing, methods and lack of doing things “my” way or I can surrender my life to HIS timing, methods and doing things “HIS” way.

 

GOD wants me to say “JESUS is LORD”, “JESUS died for me” and “JESUS is alive” every day. I cannot be too stubborn to mention HIM daily. I surrender my life to HIM and HIS grace is sufficient.

 

  • Are you battling GOD with something?
  • Are you too stubborn to see you need to surrender, even when you thought you already had?
  • Will you allow GOD to open your eyes to the true Messiah, namely JESUS, who will guide you to HIS purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment