Thursday, April 29, 2021

One Voice

 One Voice

Romans 15: 4 Everything written in the Scriptures was written to teach us, in order that we might have hope through the patience and encouragement which the Scriptures give us. 5 And may God, the source of patience and encouragement, enable you to have the same point of view among yourselves by following the example of Christ Jesus, 6 so that all of you together may praise with one voice the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
============
“What happened?” the person in authority said to us. Wanting to remain innocent, I omitted why I was part of the situation and gave only the facts that made the “real” culprit look bad. Our stories, however, did not align very well. The person in authority could easily see that something was not quite right with what we were saying.
  • There have been times when I tried to speak with one voice, but left out important facts.
  • There have been times when I tried to present “my” side of “our” story.
  • There have been times when I tried to protect myself with “my” point of view.
Paul points to the Scriptures as the primary point of truth for hope, patience and encouragement. But there is a twist to the use of the Scripture. It is to being about the way to follow the example of CHRIST JESUS so “we” could have the same point of view.
  • GOD wants me to see other people when I read HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to seek unity with people through CHRIST versus getting my way.
  • GOD wants me to follow the example of CHRIST so I can praise the FATHER with one voice among many people.
Unity through the example of JESUS is all the FATHER wants. HE is the source of patience and encouragement and HE gave HIS creation a way to hear HIM daily through the Scriptures. In its purest form, the Scripture gives hope through patience and encouragement.
There is no multi-sided road to the FATHER. HE wants all humans to speak about JESUS as the Savior of the world, with one voice. I gladly surrender “my” point of view to speak about JESUS, praising GOD the FATHER because of HIM.
  • Are you trying to speak on your behalf?
  • Do you want a group of followers?
  • Will you surrender your quest to have people follow you and begin speaking about JESUS so you can align the message to one voice GOD wants all to have today?

No comments:

Post a Comment