Friday, May 21, 2021

Tell It With Power

Tell It With Power

1 Corinthians 1: 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius. 15 No one can say, then, that you were baptized as my disciples. (16 Oh yes, I also baptized Stephanas and his family; but I can't remember whether I baptized anyone else.) 17 Christ did not send me to baptize. He sent me to tell the Good News, and to tell it without using the language of human wisdom, in order to make sure that Christ's death on the cross is not robbed of its power.

 

============

 

An argument over GOD’s existence arose and I felt “prepared.” But when I jumped into the argument, it raised questions that I had no answers. Now I was just trying to get the guy to stop arguing. The argument grew to many people. I have no idea how it ended.

 

  • At one time I thought that “I” needed to argue for GOD.
  • At one time I thought that “I” was responsible for saving people.
  • At one time I thought that “I” had the “power” to change anyone’s mind about their disbelief in JESUS.

 

Paul is thankful he did not seek to baptize a lot of people to build a following. He wasn’t against baptism rather he did not like the results of fame. He knew that humans crave to use their own wisdom to explain the supernatural power of CHRIST’s death and resurrection and a following would further complicate matters.

 

  • GOD wants me to rely on HIS power to draw people to HIMSELF.
  • GOD wants me to accept the responsibility of being sent to tell the Good News and that is it.
  • GOD wants me to have faith in the HOLY SPIRIT who gives the same power to me that raised CHRIST from the dead.

 

It is not me, but the HOLY SPIRIT who lives in me. I mean, I have no wisdom, knowledge or understanding that can explain who and what the HOLY SPIRIT is. I can only say the HE speaks to me daily and I crave to feed HIM regularly.

 

It is the power of JESUS’ death burial and resurrection that I have the honor to speak about. Belief in HIS resurrection is what saved me for eternity. I am glad my wisdom does not rob JESUS of the credit HE is due.

 

  • Are you trying hard to use your persuasion to get someone to believe?
  • Do you think that if you follow a person or if people follow you, then they will have a chance for salvation?
  • Will you relook at human wisdom and power and give JESUS more credit for HIS sacrificial death on the cross to save you and the people you are worried about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment