Thursday, November 11, 2021

Bear Letters

Bear Letters

2 Corinthians 3: Does this sound as if we were again boasting about ourselves? Could it be that, like some other people, we need letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are the letter we have, written on our hearts for everyone to know and read. It is clear that Christ himself wrote this letter and sent it by us. It is written, not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, and not on stone tablets but on human hearts.

 

============

 

“Are they still talking?” I said with frustration. My father and a friend’s father seemed to be record holders for talking after church. As we sat in the car, bored, the conversation droned on and on. That “guy” ended up being a mentor to me.

 

  • He guided me to GOD outside of what my parents taught.
  • He spoke gently about CHRIST so I could understand.
  • He let me be my own person so I could carry JESUS in my own way.

 

Paul spoke highly of the people he wrote to. He saw their obvious fruit in how they carried the message of JESUS. Each person had become a living “recommendation letter” written by the SPIRIT of GOD. They were building a collection of letters.

 

My Observations

  • My heart has to be open to spreading the word of GOD.
  • My actions are not mine but are examples of many people who poured GOD into me.
  • My faith has been built by many people who took time to show me how JESUS wants me to act.

 

Bearing letters is the same as bearing fruit but with a slight difference. I mean, fruit may be something I do, never expecting something in return, or not seeing the fruit tree grow in another person. Bearing letters is taking the time to grow people to grow others. In both instances, I am not the benefactor, but CHRIST is.

 

Bearing letters is important to GOD. HE wants the right amount of encouragement, mixed in with patience, mixed in with a tiny dose of correction. The right mix will have someone follow JESUS for themselves and desire to have others do the same. I am glad GOD put many people in my life to guide me to speak about HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Can you hear the words of excitement from the writer?
  • What words of encouragement have you heard that makes you excited about JESUS?
  • Do you have any words of encouragement for someone so they can bear their own fruit for GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment