Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Friendships

Friendships

2 Corinthians 2: 12 When I arrived in Troas to preach the Good News about Christ, I found that the Lord had opened the way for the work there. 13 But I was deeply worried, because I could not find our brother Titus. So I said good-bye to the people there and went on to Macedonia.

 

============

 

Upon arrival in a certain country, we settled down and went to the same church we had attended years before. A person called out my name, which I though was a miracle. He was someone I had spent time with on the last trip. He was now a preacher.

 

  • It was great to see someone familiar in an unfamiliar place.
  • It was nice to pick up the discussion where we left off.
  • It was a faith builder for me to run into someone who remembered me.

 

Paul wanted to see Titus in Troas but could not find him. He was deeply concerned about Titus and while he could have done a marvelous work for the LORD there, he left and went to Macedonia.

 

My Observations

  • Friendships formed because of CHRIST can be special.
  • Friendships created out of unity with CHRIST overcome obstacles.
  • Friendships started because of living purpose in CHRIST help make sense out of a sometimes senseless world.

 

I hung around people who I called “friends” who had no concern for me or anyone else. I mean, our “friendship” was formed by the current sin we were into. BUT GOD opened my eyes to my sins and wanted me to speak about JESUS.

 

When I went back to my “friends” they asked questions about why I stopped doing what I used to do. I said “It doesn’t make me any better to stop my sins, but I do feel better when I don’t sin and I am forgiven when I sin.” Some listened, some did not. I am learning to be grateful for everyone I meet because the friendship I show may lead to a relationship with JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer left even though the LORD opened up a way for work there?
  • Have you ever been in an unfamiliar place but had a friend there to experience it?
  • Do you have friends you can speak to about what JESUS is doing in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment