Monday, November 22, 2021

Cure for the Holidays

 Cure for the Holidays

2 Corinthians 4: 13 The scripture says, “I spoke because I believed.” In the same spirit of faith we also speak because we believe. 14 We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus to life, will also raise us up with Jesus and take us, together with you, into his presence. 15 All this is for your sake; and as God's grace reaches more and more people, they will offer to the glory of God more prayers of thanksgiving.

 

============

 

Grumpy was the feeling I wanted to feel. I did not want to be cheered up during this particular holiday because I felt frustrated in life. My jalopy of a car was not working, I had a job cleaning after people who really did not care and worst of all, I had to visit people who I was angry with.

 

  • The holidays emphasized my hurt.
  • The holidays showed me how far I was from having a smiling face.
  • The holidays seemed like a period to get beyond.

 

Paul saw through the troubles and trials of life enough to speak about JESUS. He knew there would be circumstances that would make him feel like remaining silent or hiding away in a corner until the perfect conditions appeared. He mentions a scripture that says “I spoke because I believed.” His belief was in “grace” that was necessary to fill empty hearts.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIS love for me, especially when I don’t feel like it.
  • GOD wants me to accept HIS cure for brokenness by offering HIM thanksgiving.
  • GOD wants me to look beyond my circumstances to spread the message of life so more and more people will receive grace.

 

Hurt, loneliness and bitterness can blind me to my purpose. I mean, when I am tempted to want to remain grumpy, I allow myself to be open to isolation, which could also enable me to be manipulated by the enemy. He seeks to devour the meal I make each time I voice my frustration or stew in my pain.

 

GOD wants me to be guided out of my pain by others and then HE wants me to guide others out of their pain. The true cure is to be able to “believe” the Gospel is the answer to all ills so I can use thanksgiving as a weapon against any pain that arises. I am thankful and I hope all who read can know they are loved deeply.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever felt bad about wanting to feel grumpy?
  • Will you accept that sometimes you will want to feel that way, but try to limit the time that you allow it?
  • Will you look at “thanksgiving” as a weapon versus a feeling and use it to fight against the enemies of isolation, deep hurt and loneliness today?
  • Will you be raised up from your feelings today so you can speak life to people in a small way?

No comments:

Post a Comment