Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Complete Understanding

Complete Understanding

2 Corinthians 1: 12 We are proud that our conscience assures us that our lives in this world, and especially our relations with you, have been ruled by God-given frankness and sincerity, by the power of God's grace and not by human wisdom. 13-14 We write to you only what you can read and understand. But even though you now understand us only in part, I hope that you will come to understand us completely, so that in the Day of our Lord Jesus you can be as proud of us as we shall be of you.

 

============

 

When I become a parent, I will correct the list of complaints I had against my parents. But then I became one and got “complete understanding.” When I am the boss I will change how things are done. But I became one and things did not go as I thought. But now I had “complete understanding.” Running a business will be easy is what I said until I ran one and it wasn’t so easy. But now I had complete understanding.

 

Paul send his letter with a caveat. He did not include some of the stuff that would be hard to understand. Luke wrote about Paul being bit by a venomous snake and remaining alive. Paul did not write this about himself and did not include many other miracles he witnessed or performed. He knew his focus was not to point to himself, but JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to be ruled by HIS holiness.
  • GOD wants me to be as sincere as I can when I speak about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to know I will not have “complete understanding” until HE transforms me to HIS true creation.

 

Confusion seems to be the norm during this life. I mean, when one person says “the truth”, another comes along to refute what was said. Human brawls increase rips in families, neighborhoods and communities. Disunity increases. Slander undermines the ability to help.

 

BUT GOD completely understands and has given us only a tiny revelation of HIMSELF. JESUS spent a little time being human and was tempted in every way a human could be tempted. HE died and was raised from the dead. HE has all authority. I am glad HE has complete understanding and wants to share it with me.

 

Challenge

  • Has anyone ever questioned how and what you do without having complete understanding?
  • Have you ever questioned GOD or complained about HIS plan for your life?
  • Will you step back from the current situation and know GOD has complete understanding over your situation and has already added HIS love to it just for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment