Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Living Space

Living Space

2 Corinthians 5: For we know that when this tent we live in—our body here on earth—is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home he himself has made, which will last forever. And now we sigh, so great is our desire that our home which comes from heaven should be put on over us; by being clothed with it we shall not be without a body. While we live in this earthly tent, we groan with a feeling of oppression; it is not that we want to get rid of our earthly body, but that we want to have the heavenly one put on over us, so that what is mortal will be transformed by life. God is the one who has prepared us for this change, and he gave us his Spirit as the guarantee of all that he has in store for us.

 

============

 

Part of me didn’t want to be me. Part of me, just wanted to be me. The part of me that didn’t want to be me was the part that looked at “everyone else” who seemed happy, when I felt less than or shamed or discouraged. The part of me that just wanted to be me was the part that felt love and compassion and surrender to the only being who loved me dearly.

 

  • My life on earth wants peace but many times gets oppression.
  • My life on earth desires something better, but sometimes receives pain.
  • My life on earth has some good times and bad times, but I know heaven will not have ups and downs.

 

Paul gives us a glimpse of what to hope for. We want the heavenly body that will never decay or be diseased or be discouraged. He also says that it is not the desire to throw our current life away to get to the eternal one faster, rather hope is our focus of life and we are being transformed by GOD who is preparing us for eternity.

 

My Observations

  • It is alright to groan over the oppression that life brings but not too long.
  • Hope is where I should place my energy versus focusing in on something that doesn’t include GOD.
  • Asking GOD into my heart increases the capacity for others.

 

Once we put ten people in a car meant for six. It felt cramped!. I can only imagine how the HOLY SPIRIT feels when moving into a heart made for only one, namely myself. HE wants to fit into my heart, but has to bring other people into it with HIM.

 

When HE moves in, HE changes the living space and arranges HIS home as HE desires. HE is the one who prepares me for the change HE has in store for me. I am grateful is it GOD who understands when I groan about life’s oppression and stretches my heart to fit others.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer used the word “tent” as a reference to our body?
  • Have you ever desired for things to be permanently better?
  • Will you be open to being transformed by the HOLY SPIRIT, who will stretch your heart to bring others in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment