Tuesday, November 16, 2021

You ARE Special!

You ARE Special!

2 Corinthians 3: 12 Because we have this hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who had to put a veil over his face so that the people of Israel would not see the brightness fade and disappear. 14 Their minds, indeed, were closed; and to this very day their minds are covered with the same veil as they read the books of the old covenant. The veil is removed only when a person is joined to Christ. 15 Even today, whenever they read the Law of Moses, the veil still covers their minds. 16 But it can be removed, as the scripture says about Moses: “His veil was removed when he turned to the Lord.” 17 Now, “the Lord” in this passage is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is present, there is freedom. 18 All of us, then, reflect the glory of the Lord with uncovered faces; and that same glory, coming from the Lord, who is the Spirit, transforms us into his likeness in an ever greater degree of glory.

 

============

“What makes her special?” I said with a grouse. I would say the exact words she said in meetings, but they would listen to this “show stealer!” I asked someone that very question. He replied, “I don’t know, there is just something about her.” That answer did not help me!

 

  • I wanted to feel special.
  • I wanted to be noticed, so I mimicked other people.
  • I wanted to be someone else other than myself because I felt like a nobody.

 

Paul explains a structure that was put in place through Moses. The Law of Moses pointed out what everyone was doing wrong and created shackles to its readers who faced death because of it.

 

Those who were put in place as leaders desired to feel “special” just like Moses once did as he donned a veil to pretend his face was still glowing. The leaders tried to make people feel they needed to go through a hierarchy to get to GOD and become “freed from death.”.

 

My Observations

  • Belief in JESUS’ death burial and resurrection frees me to speak directly to the FATHER.
  • Receiving the HOLY SPIRIT frees me to be led by GOD each day.
  • Exposing my sins uncovers my face so GOD’s glory shines all the brighter.

 

Trying to be special is the problem. I mean, when I look at other people with jealous lenses or look at myself as not so good, then I reduce the uniqueness GOD placed in me. GOD made me special and only I can fulfill the purpose HE gave me. The great news is HE did the same for all who believe in JESUS.

 

The HOLY SPIRIT is placed inside anyone who believes in the power of the resurrection. HE then transforms us into HIS likeness day by day to shine GOD’s glory on many others. I am glad GOD sees me as special so I don’t have to try so hard to be special.

 

Challenge

  • What “hope” is the writer speaking of?
  • Have you ever been jealous of someone’s abilities, or status or wealth or activities?
  • Do you think you need a hierarchy to get to GOD through humans?
  • Will you be freed by the HOLY SPIRIT and allow HIM to transform you into HIS likeness today?

No comments:

Post a Comment