Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Encouragement Assignment

 Encouragement Assignment

2 Corinthians 4: God in his mercy has given us this work to do, and so we do not become discouraged. We put aside all secret and shameful deeds; we do not act with deceit, nor do we falsify the word of God. In the full light of truth we live in God's sight and try to commend ourselves to everyone's good conscience.

 

============

 

Things seemed to be going wrong all over the place. My life had become fodder for a sad song. I looked at the world as if it owed me an answer to the question “Why me?’ I was thinking this as I walked back to the dorm in the wee hours or the morning.

 

“Would you like to go to church with us?” was the horrifying question asked to me. They did not realize I was just getting in as they were going out! “No thank you” I replied. I  wrestled with that decision the rest of the day.

 

  • My life was centered on me.
  • Even my service to others was based on me.
  • My “me-centered” world had more downs than ups.

 

“GOD in HS mercy has given us this work to do” is something amazing Paul states to everyone. He even says that people can put aside things that would be disgraceful and turn to something with true value.

 

My Observations

  • GOD saw my shameful sins and chose me to be HIS messenger anyway.
  • GOD wants me to keep HIS word true and focused on JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to think about others so I can serve in HIS sight well, while also serving people in good conscience.

 

Encouraging people when I am down seems ridiculous. I mean, when I feel like I need to be served, GOD gives me “work to do.” But what if I’m on empty or broke? GOD doesn’t want me to be phony about my pain. But HE does want me to live my life with purpose.

 

HE lets me see other people who are in pain so I can encourage them to see HIM. Encouraging others, encourages me. It give me the ability to lay aside hidden sin and satisfies the urge to have the “Why me?’ question answered. I am glad GOD gives me purpose  and I hope all who read are encouraged!

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer use “mercy” when describing what GOD did?
  • Have you ever been discouraged and someone popped into your life who needed encouragement?
  • What is your life’s purpose?
  • Will you accept GOD’s assignment and look beyond your current circumstances to encourage someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment