Monday, November 29, 2021

Must Appear

Must Appear

2 Corinthians 5: So we are always full of courage. We know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord's home. For our life is a matter of faith, not of sight. We are full of courage and would much prefer to leave our home in the body and be at home with the Lord. More than anything else, however, we want to please him, whether in our home here or there. 10 For all of us must appear before Christ, to be judged by him. We will each receive what we deserve, according to everything we have done, good or bad, in our bodily life.

 

============

 

Receiving a summons to appear in court was never fun but it happened. The words “YOU MUST APPEAR” were in big bold red capital letters that seemed intimidating. The letter held instructions about my court date but it also had the traffic violation and the date of my malefaction.

 

  • I felt angry, shamed and scared all at once.
  • I felt like my perfect driving record was damaged.
  • I felt that I had to drive extra perfect to keep from being judged again. This was super false!

 

Paul mentions the true purpose of life. He says “Life is a matter of faith” and then tells everyone that the faith that is worth anything is to please the LORD JESUS who will one day judge everyone according to every deed that is done.

 

My Observations

  • Every deed I do is seen by GOD.
  • One deed does not undo another deed in GOD’s eyes.
  • GOD is the only one who sees the things I do for HIM and judges the things I do for myself.

 

Trying to act righteous can sometimes get me in trouble. I mean, when I think I am pleasing GOD by following the Bible to the letter, I may be hurting others by holding them to a standard I could not keep myself. BUT DOD wants me to act differently.

 

HE wants me to point my sinful life to HIM so others can do the same. Life is not about living in perfection rather accepting perfection which is JESUS. The HOLY SPIRIT will then guide me to the places I need to go and deliver the words I need to say. Life is about surrender so I can be pleasing to GOD. The more I surrender to GOD the more pleasing and amazing deeds HE guides me to do.

 

Challenge

  • What do you notice about fear and courage in this passage?
  • Have you ever placed your courage in something the crowd is saying but felt it could possibly be against what GOD is telling you?
  • Can you gain courage to surrender your life to JESUS little by little, giving HIM your deeds as best as you can without worrying about HIS judgement but focusing in on HIS love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment