Friday, November 19, 2021

Amazing Interior

Amazing Interior

2 Corinthians 4: Yet we who have this spiritual treasure are like common clay pots, in order to show that the supreme power belongs to God, not to us. We are often troubled, but not crushed; sometimes in doubt, but never in despair; there are many enemies, but we are never without a friend; and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed. 10 At all times we carry in our mortal bodies the death of Jesus, so that his life also may be seen in our bodies. 11 Throughout our lives we are always in danger of death for Jesus' sake, in order that his life may be seen in this mortal body of ours. 12 This means that death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

 

============

 

There is a show that displays a normal looking house on the outside, but on the inside, the owner has transformed it into something wildly amazing! This reminded me of people I met along the way who, at first glance, seemed common. They had no distinguishing features nor did they wield a title. It was their inside that amazed me. They could not be shaken no matter the circumstance.

 

  • I met people who could face life’s doubts but never losing their stride.
  • I met people who have been troubled but kept going.
  • I met people who have been fired, hurt by people or hurt physically, yet they kept a song of praise on their lips.

 

Paul describes the body people spend so much time adorning as a common clay pot. Nothing special. The real beauty comes from the inside is what he eluded to. He mentions that we “carry in our mortal bodies the death of JESUS.” This hope is an amazing interior!

 

My Observations

  • Hope is a spiritual treasure GOD has gladly given me.
  • Perseverance is a spiritual treasure GOD provides me to keep going when I feel like giving up.
  • Purpose is a spiritual treasure GOD bestows on me to face life’s difficulties so others can receive JESUS.

 

Troubles, doubts, enemies and pain seem to be more of the norm than I would wish in life. I mean, when I accepted JESUS as my Savior, I really wanted an easier life. Instead, when I chose HIS side, it sometimes felt life got worse. The greedy got greedier and the selfish got more selfish, deliberately causing pain for their own power and pleasure.

 

BUT GOD saw it all and placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me to show others HE is in charge. HE does not mind when I doubt, but wants me to get back up. HE knows people will deliberately try to hurt me, but wants me to seek friends for prayer. HE knows I will feel pain, but not the pain JESUS felt while dying for me and me blaming HIM for my sins. I am glad HE lives in me!

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever beat yourself up because you doubted?
  • Are there people you admire who are not celebrities yet carry themselves with great character?
  • Will you allow GOD to live in you and be seen through your life so HE can bring everlasting life to all you speak to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment