Friday, November 12, 2021

Rejoicing Capabilities

Rejoicing Capabilities

2 Corinthians 3: We say this because we have confidence in God through Christ. There is nothing in us that allows us to claim that we are capable of doing this work. The capacity we have comes from God; it is he who made us capable of serving the new covenant, which consists not of a written law but of the Spirit. The written law brings death, but the Spirit gives life.

 

============

 

Pride had set in as I thought the promotion I received was merited. It turned out that the person on the rise needed someone he knew in the position rather than looking at my glorious accomplishments. In fact, some of the things I accomplished caused problems amongst the higher ups. I was chosen and deemed capable just because I knew the person.

 

  • I was taught to be “self-made.”
  • I was taught to “pull myself up.”
  • I was taught to “self-promote”, “self-teach” and “self-praise” in order to get ahead.

 

There is nothing in us that allows us to claim that we are capable of doing this work” are shocking words from Paul. He was a Pharisee of Pharisees. In other words, he was the leader of church leaders. He knew his stuff! But he recognized that knowing doesn’t make a person capable of serving the SPIRIT.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to recognize that HE did “everything” for me.
  • GOD wants me to let go of any pride I may have, thinking I deserve more or I am capable of achievements.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM for giving me capabilities that only came from HIM.

 

After assessing my own capabilities, I see nothing worthy of speaking about GOD. I mean, years of sinful decisions does not quite make me the top of the list for a godly person award in my book. Who then is capable? No one.

 

BUT GOD made us capable! HE decided to do something about this huge problem and saw my flaws, and died for me anyway. HE saw that I would never choose HIM and volunteered to die and be raised from the dead. Yes, this is JESUS I am speaking of! HE chose me and gave me capabilities that only came from HIM and through HIM. I am thankful for what JESUS did for me.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever felt less than capable?
  • Do you assess other people’s capabilities and reject them?
  • What do you observe in the writer’s statement about capabilities and where they come from?
  • Will you rejoice the capabilities you and other people have by seeing what GOD is doing in everyone’s life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment