Thursday, November 18, 2021

Light Fixture

Light Fixture

2 Corinthians 4: For if the gospel we preach is hidden, it is hidden only from those who are being lost. They do not believe, because their minds have been kept in the dark by the evil god of this world. He keeps them from seeing the light shining on them, the light that comes from the Good News about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God. For it is not ourselves that we preach; we preach Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. The God who said, “Out of darkness the light shall shine!” is the same God who made his light shine in our hearts, to bring us the knowledge of God's glory shining in the face of Christ.

 

============

 

Entering the dark room at night posed more of a challenge than I thought. After the move, nothing was organized. Boxes were everywhere and so was furniture. I had plugged in a light, but it was not connected to a light switch. I tripped on something hard and fell on unpacked stuff. I finally made it to the light. I switched it on and could see the mess.

 

  • The light was placed where it was.
  • The light was useful when it was shining.
  • The light could not warn me of obstacles when it was switched off.

 

Paul speaks about Satan blinding the minds of people. Satan wants to keep people from seeing the true light so he attack’s the mind. GOD, on the other hand, placed the HOLY SPIRIT in the heart of believers. The only job for the believer is to be a light fixture.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to shine the light HE provided in the middle of the darkness.
  • GOD wants me to keep HIS light shining in me so those around me will not stumble over obstacles.
  • GOD wants me to preach JESUS CHRIST as LORD of my life in a way that people can hear.

 

Sometimes I think I have to do a lot of activity to please GOD. I mean, I think I have to serve on several committees, argue about the Bible, give until it hurts and cry when GOD is not meeting “my” expectations. BUT GOD feels different. HE said “MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light.”

 

He simply wants me to praise HIM for what HE did for me in the middle of my problems. HE also wants me to be thankful for “everyone” around me, even those who I have been bitter towards for years. Shining GOD’s light happens on everyone, even myself. I’m talking about forgiveness. I am glad GOD gave the gift of light to anyone who will accept it.

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever felt GOD needs you to work hard?
  • What does the writer say about the source of “the light?”
  • Will you relax and simply “be”, so that GOD’s light can shine in you and through you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment