Monday, November 15, 2021

Best Activity

Best Activity

2 Corinthians 3: The Law was carved in letters on stone tablets, and God's glory appeared when it was given. Even though the brightness on Moses' face was fading, it was so strong that the people of Israel could not keep their eyes fixed on him. If the Law, which brings death when it is in force, came with such glory, how much greater is the glory that belongs to the activity of the Spirit! The system which brings condemnation was glorious; how much more glorious is the activity which brings salvation! 10 We may say that because of the far brighter glory now the glory that was so bright in the past is gone. 11 For if there was glory in that which lasted for a while, how much more glory is there in that which lasts forever!

 

============

 

Recess, music and art were my favorite activities in school at the time. I didn’t have to think, I could just “be.” Each was guarded carefully by a teacher to make sure it was a productive activity. For example, we played organized games during recess to keep from fighting one another. But then it came time for me to “learn.”  

 

  • I downplayed the importance of certain activities.
  • I looked at some activities as drudgery.
  • I wanted to do the activities I felt most comfortable doing, but needed more.

 

Paul explains the glorious encounter Moses had with GOD. Moses received the Law carved in stone by GOD. Just by seeing a glimpse of GOD, his face was temporarily brightened to the point where people could not look at him. He brought the Law which created a lot of “concrete” activity people could follow and measure in others. But the real activity was to come later.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS died for me and was raised from the dead so HE could send the HOLY SPIRIT to live in me.
  • Belief in JESUS grants me salvation that lasts forever.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT reminds me of the Law, which brings death, and interceded on my behalf when I break the Law.

 

JESUS is alive! This is the great news. HE did away with the Law and became salvation for all. But the Law was the highest honor at one point. Should I simply throw it away? No! GOD wants me to seek following HIM and provided a way to continue doing so. I do not have to “earn” my salvation through the Law, I can just be saved. It feels great!

 

But it doesn’t stop there. The HOLY SPIRIT leads me to live for HIM. HE leads me to peace when there is chaos. HE guides me to be still when I want to do activity to control the situation. The activity of the HOLY SPIRIT brings salvation. I am glad I can put my trust in JESUS who blessed me with the COMFORTER to guide me along every step.

 

Challenge

  • What do you notice about the Law versus the SPIRIT?
  • Do you think they conflict?
  • What activity is your mind focused on?
  • Will you be led by the SPIRIT and be focused on GOD’s kingdom versus the negativity of the world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment