Thursday, November 4, 2021

Chosen by Choice

Chosen by Choice

2 Corinthians 2: 21 It is God himself who makes us, together with you, sure of our life in union with Christ; it is God himself who has set us apart, 22 who has placed his mark of ownership upon us, and who has given us the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the guarantee of all that he has in store for us.

 

23 I call God as my witness—he knows my heart! It was in order to spare you that I decided not to go to Corinth. 24 We are not trying to dictate to you what you must believe; we know that you stand firm in the faith. Instead, we are working with you for your own happiness.

 

============

 

Standing in a line, I awaited being called. I was clumsy and not athletically capable. But somehow I was chosen early. Was this the start of my athletic career? No! But it felt good to be chosen.

 

  • I dreaded the thought of not being chosen.
  • I did not like being embarrassed.
  • I feared not being chosen but I also feared being chosen and not living up to why I was chosen.

 

Paul gives everyone a word of relief. “It is GOD” who did everything to save mankind. He explains that unity, assurance and a guarantee of eternal salvation all come from GOD. We were chosen.by HIS choice.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to accept the gift of unity HE has given me through CHRIST.
  • GOD wants me to stand firm in the faith, knowing HE has placed HIS mark of ownership on me.
  • GOD wants me to act like I have been set apart by seeking to work for others.

 

Being chosen is more than being saved from eternal pain and misery. I mean, I am chosen for a purpose that is far greater than I could ever dream. GOD uses my sins as examples to others that it is possible for anyone to be saved. It does not matter about the skill or knowledge.

 

GOD saw my entire life, with all my sins and failures, and decided to die for me anyway. This is great news! I am glad HE chose me when I would not choose HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Do you notice the love of GOD that the writer is trying to express?
  • Why would GOD go through so much trouble if HE wanted you to fail?
  • What words of assurance do you see?
  • Will you provide these words of assurance to someone today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment