Monday, April 18, 2022

Another Way

Another Way

Ephesians 2: In the past you were spiritually dead because of your disobedience and sins. At that time you followed the world's evil way; you obeyed the ruler of the spiritual powers in space, the spirit who now controls the people who disobey God. Actually all of us were like them and lived according to our natural desires, doing whatever suited the wishes of our own bodies and minds. In our natural condition we, like everyone else, were destined to suffer God's anger.

 

============

 

Growing up obeying the rules, I decided to step away from them to see what would happen. When I did not get struck with a bolt of lightning or get swallowed up by a fiery pit, I said to myself, “Maybe I can try more things that the rules say I shouldn’t.” When I found myself in deep trouble, I wondered how I got there.

 

  • I was in a bad place with no hope.
  • I felt I did not have a way out.
  • I thought I was a disappointment to GOD and even HE would not help me.

 

Paul describes a progression towards a state of being that provides life. He spoke of a time in which the spiritual powers blinded people into following ways that would lead to GOD’s anger. Everyone suffered the natural condition. It seemed hopeless. BUT GOD had another way.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS saw I could never achieve HIS required state of perfection so HE died for me.
  • JESUS is GOD who became a human for me, was murdered by HIS creation and was raised from the dead, just for me.
  • JESUS gave me another way that provides hope and a future.

 

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of GOD is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our LORD.”  GOD loved everyone enough to gave a gift. It is up to me to accept HIS gift and live inside of HIS path. Unfortunately there is an adversary who wants me to doubt GOD or blame HIM or question HIS authority or ways.

 

I then say things like “Why does GOD do…?” and “If GOD is so loving then why…?” I then question other people’s walk with JESUS and eventually my own. BUT GOD wants me to have a solid relationship with HIM. HE gave me the HOLY SPIRIT to dwell inside me and guide me to places of peace in stormy times. I am grateful GOD cares for me and I do not have to worry.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer is mentioning “the past?”
  • Do you see there is an alternative?
  • Will you seek a life that provides hope by asking GOD to handle all of your difficulties today?

No comments:

Post a Comment