Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Raised From The Dead

Raised From The Dead

Ephesians 2: But God's mercy is so abundant, and his love for us is so great, that while we were spiritually dead in our disobedience he brought us to life with Christ. It is by God's grace that you have been saved.

 

============

 

When I think of something that is dead, I see that it can no longer do anything it was meant to do. A dead plant cannot produce fruit. A dead battery cannot produce power. But what about a dead human?

 

  • There were times when I thought I was not useful.
  • There were times when I thought GOD was tired of me or ready to punish me.
  • There were times when I thought I was dead to GOD because I sinned one time too many.

 

GOD’s mercy, love and grace are mentioned here by Paul. These overlooked items show that it was all GOD who did the saving and nothing humans could do to provoke HIM towards or away from HIS plan.

 

My Observations

  • We were dead and could not produce fruit, BUT GOD saved us anyway.
  • We were dead and were powerless to make an appeal to GOD to show how “good” we have been, yet HE brought us to life with CHRIST.
  • We were dead and had nothing to give, nothing to offer and nothing to show, yet GOD’s grace saved us anyway.

 

Looking at our own power is problematic. I mean when I think I am doing well I may be doing extremely poorly in GOD’s eyes. When I think someone else is not doing well, he or she may be chosen by GOD in the middle of their sins.

 

GOD wants me to accept HIS mercy which is more than any sin I could do. HE also wants me to know HE loves me dearly and gave HIS only SON for me. HE sees my disobedience and still says “You are valuable to me” and shows me HIS grace. I am glad HE cares for all of us and I give my life to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What part do humans play in this verse?
  • Can you feel GOD’s love in these words?
  • Will you accept GOD’s love for you and know it is not your power that saved you rather it was HIS grace that is sufficient for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment