Thursday, April 21, 2022

Proximity

Proximity

Ephesians 2: 11 You Gentiles by birth—called “the uncircumcised” by the Jews, who call themselves the circumcised (which refers to what men do to their bodies)—remember what you were in the past. 12 At that time you were apart from Christ. You were foreigners and did not belong to God's chosen people. You had no part in the covenants, which were based on God's promises to his people, and you lived in this world without hope and without God. 13 But now, in union with Christ Jesus you, who used to be far away, have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

 

============

 

Feeling “far away” made me not try in many instances. I remember being excited about being in a contest, but when I saw the winner, I gave up. “I will never be able to measure up to that” I said to myself.

 

  • I felt so far away from perfection.
  • I felt so far away from reaching any expectation people had of me.
  • I felt so far away from where “successful” people were.

 

Classism and racism were prevalent amongst the church leaders. Paul explains that the church leaders placed labels on the Gentiles, flaunting their superiority of being “chosen.” They made a point to show just how far away the Gentiles were from GOD. BUT GOD took care of that.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wanted to be close to me so HE allowed JESUS to die for me.
  • JESUS was raised from the dead and sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT pleads on my behalf, guides me to comfort and brings me hope in hopeless situations.

 

JESUS brought me close to HIM by uniting with me and I with HIM. HE took away my sins so there would be no barrier between us. HE declared me clean and to keep me clean, placed HIS SPIRIT inside me. Whenever I sin, HE looks at my heart and sees the HOLY SPIRIT who has already asked for forgiveness for me.

 

The FATHER removes my sins as far as the east is from the west. HE does the same for those who believe in HIS SON. HE cannot get any closer than living inside me, so HE is never far away. HE promised to never leave me nor forsake me. I am glad HE chose to be close to me.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer imply about racism or classism?
  • Have you ever been labeled so you can be excluded from a group?
  • Have you ever felt far away from GOD?
  • Will you listen to the truth that GOD loves you so much that HE is willing to live inside you and never leave you and is going through what you are going through with you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment