Monday, April 25, 2022

United Races

United Races

Ephesians 2: 16 By his death on the cross Christ destroyed their enmity; by means of the cross he united both races into one body and brought them back to God. 17 So Christ came and preached the Good News of peace to all—to you Gentiles, who were far away from God, and to the Jews, who were near to him. 18 It is through Christ that all of us, Jews and Gentiles, are able to come in the one Spirit into the presence of the Father.

 

============

 

A slush-ball with a rock in it hit the car window as we passed by. I was in the back seat and could feel the tension as we drove through a neighborhood that was of a different race. Another incident happened as we were biking in a community of another race, I got kicked off my bike. I got back on and we were chased with racial slurs flung heavily at us.

 

  • I did not know who I could trust in other races.
  • I thought other races were against me because of my race.
  • I could only see division as the answer, so I shrunk back into my own community.

 

JESUS did something amazing that Paul wrote about. HE died on the cross and was raised from the dead. This miracle enabled all who believed, to become part of GOD’s family. HE destroyed the wall that was between the two races and unified all to come into one SPIRIT.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s desire is unity.
  • GOD wants me to align with HIS desire regardless of past hurts.
  • GOD wants me to see that JESUS is the only answer to unity.

 

Bowing to JESUS means I do not want to steal HIM to show I am part of a superior race. I mean, I have been all over the world and saw JESUS represented in the race of that country. We argue over who is superior or who wronged who the longest. Meanwhile, GOD sees all races as HIS children and simply wants someone to step up and do the same.

 

GOD wants more than one race saved and no race is superior than another. The excuse of not believing in JESUS because HE is of a certain race is false. HE died for all races and lives for all. No human is without sin but JESUS. I am glad HE cares for me and all races.

 

Challenge

  • Want enmity is the writer speaking of?
  • Does it seem like the racial divide is getting larger?
  • Will you align to GOD’s desire and seek unity on a small scale by simply praying for one another today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment