Monday, April 4, 2022

Scars of Life

 

Scars of Life

Galatians 6: 17 To conclude: let no one give me any more trouble, because the scars I have on my body show that I am the slave of Jesus.

 

18 May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, my friends. Amen.

 

============

 

With tears in my eyes, I accepted CHRIST as my Savior. Afterwards, I was able to speak about HIM at a young age. But life happened. I grew up and became an adult. Broken pocket, Broken concentration and broken relationships left me scarred and wounded. Where was I to turn?

 

  • Life dealt me many blows.
  • Life wounded me and changed my words of praise.
  • Life scarred me and I had a troubled heart.

 

Paul wrote this letter of love out of anguish. He had been beaten so badly for preaching about JESUS, that at one point, he could not even physically write. He had dedicated his life to spreading the Gospel of JESUS and faced extreme persecution. He concluded the letter by warning the readers not to report quarrels or troubles any longer, but to turn their lives to CHRIST.

 

My Observations

  • When life scars me, GOD is there to give me grace.
  • When my heart is troubled, the HOLY SPIRIT is there to give me comfort.
  • When I fall to sin, JESUS is there to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.

 

Life can be difficult at times. I mean, even when I am speaking about the love of GOD, the world seems to throw another dagger at my heart. BUT GOD is the remedy. HE loves me dearly and offers me a gift, namely JESUS. When I accept the gift, my wounds heal.

 

HE placed the HOLY SPIRIT inside me, which makes me see life differently. I now know there is an adversary who seeks to rob, kill and destroy any possession of GOD. Of course I will face persecution from the world that belongs to Satan. But this persecution is temporary. I am glad JESUS gives me and many others grace.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer mean by being a “slave of JESUS?”
  • Have you felt anguish or persecution?
  • Will you respond to trials with grace and peace instead of letting troubles keep you from praising GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment