Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Being Built Together

Being Built Together

Ephesians 2: 19 So then, you Gentiles are not foreigners or strangers any longer; you are now citizens together with God's people and members of the family of God. 20 You, too, are built upon the foundation laid by the apostles and prophets, the cornerstone being Christ Jesus himself. 21 He is the one who holds the whole building together and makes it grow into a sacred temple dedicated to the Lord. 22 In union with him you too are being built together with all the others into a place where God lives through his Spirit.

 

============

 

As I read the instructions, I noticed I was missing some crucial parts. I was putting together some furniture and did not check to see if all the parts were there. I assumed they would send everything. I had to stop working, go to the store and get a bag of crucial parts that would be used to hold everything together.

 

  • I could not finish building without these parts.
  • The parts I was missing were easily overlooked.
  • The parts, by themselves, seemed unimportant but were truly necessary.

 

“You are members of GOD’s family” is what Paul tries to implore on everyone he is writing to. He gives an analogy of something important for life, namely shelter. The stronger the building, the more desirable the shelter became. People marvel over tall buildings so Paul also explains that JESUS is the most important part of the strong foundation.

 

My Observations

  • GOD seems me as important, even though I, alone, do not feel I am very much.
  • GOD sees the big picture of which I have a small, yet important role.
  • GOD wants me and others to be in union with JESUS so HE can build HIS kingdom and dwell with all of HIS children.

 

Somehow GOD wants to reclaim all HIS lost children to build a supernatural place where HE will live. A building humans built cannot contain HIM, so HE needs the hearts of those who believe to be emptied out so HE can fit inside. HE chose one group of people to spread the message of HIS SON, but unfortunately, they turned against HIM and murdered JESUS, thinking they were doing the right thing.

 

BUT GOD had this in HIS plan and JESUS was raised from the dead. HE now holds the building together and needs each person to believe so HE can put him or her in a special place HE needs. I am glad I am in the family and will do my part to hold it together.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer uses an analogy of a building?
  • Do you ever feel insignificant or overwhelmed, thinking you have to do GOD’s job but are failing?
  • Can you accept that you are being built to do something special?
  • Will you know you are important to GOD and are needed to do only your part so HE can hold the “whole building together” with your help today?

No comments:

Post a Comment