Thursday, April 14, 2022

Called to Hope

Called to Hope

Ephesians 1: 18 I ask that your minds may be opened to see his light, so that you will know what is the hope to which he has called you, how rich are the wonderful blessings he promises his people, 19 and how very great is his power at work in us who believe. This power working in us is the same as the mighty strength 20 which he used when he raised Christ from death and seated him at his right side in the heavenly world. 

 

============

 

Needing cash, I thought of a plan. I would buy a lottery ticket, win and all my troubles would be over. I bought one ticket and waited for the weekly numbers to be announced. All of the numbers I selected were either one number higher or lower than the chosen. What are the odds?

 

  • I had lost hope and wanted a quick fix.
  • I prayed over the lottery ticket and did not win.
  • I was reminded that my hope should be greater than money.

 

Paul writes a request to the LORD on behalf of the people . He wants everyone to have their mind opened by the HOLY SPIRIT to be enlightened to the “hope” GOD has called us to.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s hope is far greater than me being rich and powerful.
  • Spreading GOD’s hope is valuable to HIM.
  • Believing in JESUS gives me access to the same power that raised HIM from the dead.

 

Hope can be fleeting when placed in money, jobs, people or something other than GOD. I mean, even when I get money or a job or a group of people, all of these things change and sometimes have issues. BUT GOD is still there.

 

GOD is far greater than coping or getting a few dollars. HE has promises that can never be taken away. HIS power is unmatched and blessings are rich. HE opens the eyes to those who believe, so they may see HIS light and hope HE has called them to. I am grateful for HIS power and place my hope in HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What things is the writer asking for?
  • Have you ever lost your hope?
  • Will you know that it is alright to acknowledge how hurt you have been and ask GOD to open your eyes to HIS rich and wonderful blessings for you that are far greater than anything the world has to offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment